Purification is our favorite way to keep our homes smelling fresh and clean - even if they aren't! It has a crisp, fresh aroma, and unlike many harsh chemical-based sprays it truly eliminates odors and doesn't simply mask them. It's a bright, cleansing blend of Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree that we use in so many different ways!
JUST A DROP OF PURIFICATION
- Cleanses the air of unwanted odors
- Soothes skin when applied topically
- Supports the respiratory system when applied to the chest and back or diffused
- Helps keep outdoor annoyances at bay
- Freshens musty and stale areas with its clean, invigorating scent
- Makes a great addition to your cleaning routine
Purification essential oil blend is a combination of Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Myrtle, Rosemary, and Tea Tree that is formulated for diffusing to neutralize and cleanse your home and work environment. It is a favorite addition to our cleaning routine, is good at keeping outdoor annoyances at bay, and is also soothing to your skin for everyday irritations! This is one of our mainstay oils because it is so versatile.
Created by Young Living Founder D. Gary Young, this blend was crafted to purify the air. Purification combines Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary Oil, Myrtle, and Tea Tree to uplift and cleanse the atmosphere. The plant sources for these oils come from many exotic and beautiful locations: Lemongrass is native to India, Guatemala, and other tropical countries; and Citronella originated in Sri Lanka. Purification utilizes these natural resources to brighten and freshen any space.
- CITRONELLA: Known for its lemony, fresh scent, Citronella is a natural addition to many outdoor candles, insect repellants, and sunscreens to keep the pests at bay! This oil has a purifying aroma that kicks out odors and can also be used in cleaning routines to purify and cleanse your home.
- LEMONGRASS: Lemongrass is a household staple for many reasons. Its bright, crisp scent brings a smile to your face - it is a literal breath of fresh air that purifies and cleanses. Includes the naturally occurring constituents neral, geranial, limonene, and beta-caryophyllene which have wonderful health properties. It's also great for cleansing the skin!
- TEA TREE: A cleansing oil with a refreshing scent that eliminates odors, this versatile oil can be used for everything from home cleaning solutions to skin care. Tea Tree has been studied for many years for its ability to create an unfriendly environment for yeast, so it's a great addition to the Purification blend.
- ROSEMARY: This oil has a crisp, invigorating, herbal aroma that is cleansing and purifying. It's a key ingredient in the Thieves blend - our go to for anything cleaning or immune related! Rosemary is wonderful for heart health and helps support the immune and respiratory systems.
- MYRTLE: Myrtle is another cleansing oil with purification properties, can be supportive to the thyroid, and helps support the immune system. Myrtle has also been studied for its soothing effects on the respiratory system, and can be used emotionally to process through feelings of deep despair to find hope.
- LAVANDIN: Closely related to Lavender, Lavandin has a similar aroma, though it is earthier and more cleansing as it has more camphor. This oil is soothing yet more alerting than Lavender and has deodorizing properties, making it a great choice for your beauty or cleaning routines.
FULL INGREDIENT LIST
Cymbopogon nardus (Citronella) oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil, Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass) oil, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree) leaf oil, Lavandula hybrida (Lavandin) oil, Myrtus communis (Myrtle) oil
PURIFICATION & EMOTIONS
Did you know that the body physically stores our emotions? It does!
When we feel an emotion, especially a powerful one and/or one for a long period of time, our firing neurons release chemical messengers to tell our body what's happening. These compounds don't just go away, they get stored. And one place they get stored is the liver!
Our liver is a very important organ. It filters out the blood from our digestive systems as well as detoxifies our bodies from all the things we're exposed to daily - pollutants, chemicals, toxins, etc.
Traditional Chinese Medicine claims that the main emotion associated with the liver is Anger.
Other emotions associated with the liver include Feeling Stubborn, Feeling rage, and Resentment. Many eastern practitioners also claim that a low-functioning liver or gallbladder can be due to years of suppressed anger and frustration, and when the anger is finally released it can produce manic behavior. (Hello rage-cleaning!!!)
So what does this mean for our emotions and where essential oils come in?
We can use oils that are supportive of the liver to help our bodies both physically and emotionally. Supporting the liver can help you process emotions and keep your anger in balance. Sometimes it will show you what is beneath the anger, and Purification is one of the best ones for this!
Purification helps with releasing Anger. It helps the body move past this emotion on the spectrum. Anger isn't a “bad” emotion. In fact, it is a very protective one! When we (or our kids) feel like (or do!) act out or explode, it is because we're protecting ourselves from bigger, scarier feelings. Anger is common for kids especially because they haven't learned how to process their emotions. So the next time you or your kids are feeling it, try this:
When you notice you or someone becoming angry or tense, grab Purification and inhale from the bottle, then apply over the liver (lower right abdomen).
Verbalize what you're feeling. ‘I'm feeling angry and am going to try and let go of that. Help me think of something silly or funny since laughter is the other side of anger.” The quickest way to move anger through the body is with laughter!
Modeling this for your kids helps them be able to do it themselves! If you are alone then you can simply say “I'm feeling angry and am going to try and let go of that.” and think of the funny thing on your own.
This process takes time and practice, but using oils for emotions can be a huge support tool!
DAILY HABITS WITH PURIFICATION
Use Purification in your home and cleaning routines!
- Add to wool dryer balls to give your laundry a bright-smelling boost.
- Place a few drops of Purification on cotton balls and stash them anywhere that can use additional freshness: air vents, drawers, shoes, gym bags, rain boots, garbage cans, etc.
- Drop Purification directly into areas that need some freshening - rain boots, forgotten laundry, diaper pails, etc.
- Make a DIY Carpet & Rug Freshener
- Make a DIY Laundry Scent Booster:
- Use Purification in the car with Young Living's Car Vent Diffuser to fight lingering food and gym bag odors.
- Add Purification to a glass spray bottle with water and spritz it on linens and/or add to Thieves Household Cleaner.
Use Purification in your health and skincare routines
- Use Purification to support healthy airways. This blend is full of wonderful purifying oilsApply it topically to calm everyday skin irritations or use to spot-treat blemishes.
- Try this T-Zone Roller (10mL):
- 10-15 drops each Lemon, Lavender, Purification
- Jojoba oil or carrier of choice
- Indulge in this DIY Bath Soak for a little TLC:
- Make this incredible DIY Hand Salve for soothing dry skin (not just hands!)
- ½ cup Organic Olive Oil (or 1 cup if not using arnica oil)
- ½ cup organic arnica oil
- 1 Tbsp shea butter
- 2 Tbsp unrefined extra virgin coconut oil
- 3-4 Tbsp beeswax pastilles
- 40 drops essential oils: Purification, Frankincense, Lavender, Patchouli alone or in combination
- Using a double boiler, place several inches of water in the bottom and place a bowl or pan on top. Turn the heat to low-medium and add the olive oil, shea butter, coconut oil & beeswax and allow it to melt, stirring gently.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler. Add Vitamin E oil and essential oils.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to cool but not harden, then pour into the small containers.
- Essential oils to add for a masculine scent: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Idaho Blue Spruce
- Make this Dry Skin Bath Soak! Adding oatmeal to the bath is helpful for more acute skin needs, especially for children.
- Make this nourishing DIY Goat Milk Soap:
- Chop soap base into cubes and melt using a double boiler. Whisk in all remaining ingredients and pour into soap molds. Option to add dried flowers. Let sit overnight.
- Give your skin and your joints some love with this Soothing ACV Bath Soak:
- Add 5 drops to a large handful of massage oil and apply to the skin to support the airways. Or whip up a DIY Massage Oil:
- 4oz pump bottle
- 20 drops Purification essential oil
- 10 drops Lemon essential oil
- Carrier of choice
Diffuse this purifying oil to help cleanse and freshen your space!
- Morning Sunshine: 3 drops each Purification, Lemon, Jade Lemon, Tangerine
- Happy Noses: 4 drops Purification, 3 drops each Lemon, R.C.
- Fresh Laundry: 4 drops each Purification, Tangerine, Lavender
- Travel Buddy: 4 drops each Purification, Thieves, 2 drops Lemon