Elemi essential oil comes from the same botanical family as Frankincense and Myrrh and has similar properties and benefits—from skin care to aromatic use during prayer or meditation. This is a wonderful oil to add to your collection!
JUST A DROP OF ELEMI…
- A trusty alternative to Frankincense, with a similar grounding and balancing aroma
- Supports a balanced, even complexion
- Helps reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Can be used with massage after exercise to soothe fatigued muscles and joints
Elemi essential oil comes from the gum resin collected from the elemi tree, a large evergreen species native to the Philippines, and its name comes from an Arabic phrase that means “above and below.” Elemi essential oil offers a woodsy, fresh, incense-like aroma that is great for meditation and grounding.
Elemi has been used traditionally in Europe for the skin. It is highly regarded for reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles, supporting healthy skin, and for soothing muscles after exercise. It is also wonderful for promoting heart health.
*Constituents are naturally occurring compounds in plants (and therefore essential oils) that give them sprecic health-supporting properties
- Elemol, Sabinene
- Elemi Essential Oil
- Elemi is also a key ingredient in the essential oil blends Owie and Cool Azul and the OrthoSport Massage Oil.
DAILY HABITS WITH ELEMI
Add Elemi to your skincare routine! Simply places few drops in your palm and mix with carrier or choice for a simple and effective face serum
WELLNESS HABITS WITH ELEMI
- Add Elemi to your wellness roller and use daily to support the immune system. Great additions include Thieves, Pine, Oregano, Lemon and Geranium essential oils.
- GIve tired muscles some TLC with a simple epsom salt and Elemi bath soak or sue Elemi with V-6 Carrier oil for a massage.
SKINCARE & BEAUTY WITH ELEMI
- Use it as a spot treatment on blemishes and minor skin imperfections.
- Make a DIY Facial Serum:
- 2oz dropper bottle
- 30 drops Elemi
- Optional 10-15 drops each: Myrrh, Blue Tansy, Cedarwood (for dry skin), Geranium (for brightening), Manuka
- Fill with carrier of choice
- Make this incredible DIY Hand Salve for soothing winter skin (not just hands!)
- ½ cup cold pressed organic olive oil (or 1 cup if not using arnica oil)
- ½ cup organic arnica oil
- 1 Tbsp shea butter
- 2 Tbsp unrefined extra virgin coconut oil
- 3-4 Tbsp beeswax pastilles
- 40 drops essential oils: Elemi, Frankincense, Lavender, Patchouli alone or in combination
- Using a double boiler, place several inches of water in the bottom and place a bowl or pan on top. Turn the heat to low-medium and add the olive oil, shea butter, coconut oil & beeswax and allow it to melt, stirring gently.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler. Add Vitamin E oil and essential oils.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to cool but not harden, then pour into the small containers.
- Essential oils to add for a masculine scent: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Idaho Blue Spruce
- Make this Winter Skin Bath Soak! Adding oatmeal to the bath is helpful for more acute skin needs, especially for children.
- Make this nourishing DIY Goat Milk Soap:
- 2lb melt and pour soap base
- ½ cup powdered goat milk
- 2 Tbsp organic raw honey
- 1 Tbsp sweet almond oil
- 60 drops essential oils (Elemi, Cedarwood, Lavender, alone or in combo!)
- Soap molds
- Chop soap base into cubes and melt using a double boiler. Whisk in all remaining ingredients and pour into soap molds. Option to add dried flowers. Let sit overnight
- Give your skin and your joints some love with this Soothing ACV Bath Soak:
- ¼ cup magnesium flakes
- ¼ cup organic oats, ground
- 2 Tbsp sweet almond oil
- 10 drops each Elemi, Cedarwood, Lavender
- Mix together and add to bath water. Then add ¼ cup ACV to the water and gently mix.
- Give your tired feet some love with this Relaxing Foot Scrub
- 2 Tbsp Organic Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 drops Peppermint
- 5 drops Elemi
- Mix ingredients well then rub onto feet. Wrap feet with warm damp towels and let sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes remove towel and wipe off scrub. Follow with moisturizer if desired.
- Make a simple cuticle oil! This also makes a great gift and pairs well with the Gardener's Hand Salve:
- DIY Roll-on Cuticle Oil
- 1½ teaspoons V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex
- 10 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 5 drops Elemi essential oil
- Add all the above to an empty 15 ml essential oil bottle and add an AromaGlide Roller Fitment. Roll onto your cuticles anytime, anywhere.
ROLLER BLENDS WITH ELEMI
- Make a Focus Roller to use during work, homework, school, meetings or anytime to help focus the mind:
- To a 10mL roller bottle add:
- 15 drops Elemi
- 10 drops Cedarwood
- 5 drops Peppermint
- Fill with a carrier of choice. Apply over the heart, back of the neck, on the wrists liberally and frequently.
- Make a Happy Heart Roller:
- 10 drops Juniper (encourages circulation)
- 10 drops Eucalyptus Globulus (supports healthy blood pressure and inflammation levels)
- 10 drops Lavender (calming)
- 10 drops Elemi (supports cardiovascular system)
- 10 drops Marjoram (supports healthy blood pressure)
- Combine essential oils in an empty glass roller bottle and top with your favorite carrier oil. Apply over heart and the bottom of feet...center being the vita flex point for health. Inhaling these oils are also helpful for someone who has experienced a heart episode to support emotions.
- Make a Sweet Dreams sleep roller:
- 20 drops each Lavender, Cedarwood, Elemi
- Fill with carrier oil of choice
- Apply over to the big toe, bottom of the feet, neck and behind ears before bed or more frequently as desired.
Diffuse this earthy oil to support focus, calm the atmosphere and bring a sense of serenity to your home:
- Zen Space: 5 drops Elemi, 3 drops Sage, 3 drops Lavender
- Sweet Dreams: 5 drops Cedarwood, 4 drops Lavender, 3 drops Elemi
- Calm & Collected: 4 drops each Cedarwood, Peppermint, Lemon, Elemi
- At Home Spa: 4 drops Elemi, 3 drops each Lavender, Eucalyptus
- Morning Routine: 4 drops each Elemi, Valor, 3 drops Tangerine